Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time


As I'm sure most of you know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, bloggers all over the blogosphere post their list in response to a prompt set by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Wish I could Read Again For The First Time. Here's my list:

1. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
I opted for reading these books over going to Disneyland. Honestly, they were that enchanting. I wish I could experience that wonder and intrigue again.

2. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
I want to fall in love with North, Sydelle and their adventure all over again.

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
After reading Mockingjay, this whole series became a bit tainted for me. I wish I could go back to the very beginning and experience Katniss' fight without memories of Mockingjay souring my excitement.

4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I didn't sleep until I turned the last page. And then I dreamed about Sam and Grace and the magic of the novel. Can I please experience it all over again?

5. The Warriors series by Erin Hunter
These books were my childhood. No Harry Potter, no Lemony Snicket, just the Warriors. The books were absolutely magic in my elementary school eyes.

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Transport me back to Paris, please! Merci!

7. The Season by Sarah MacLean
The romance had me swooning, the mystery made my jaw drop, and the Season had me squealing - a marvelous first read!

8. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
I was blown away by this one the first time I read it. For the entire six hour car ride to LA, I just sat in the backseat and read silently. I want to do that again.

9. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Okay, I know I just read these for the first time this past summer, but I'm ready to go back again. There's a reason why so many people love them.

10. Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
Oh my, this book is hilarious! I don't think a book has ever made me laugh this hard before. Plus, there's a great murder mystery full of twist, turns, and surprises. I want to help Jaz solve the mystery again!

Now that you know mine, what books do you wish you could read again for the first time?

3 comments:

  1. Totally have to agree on HP and Anna.
    You read Warriors? I love those books. Admission: I still read them, even though I'm a teen >< They're still entertaining, and quite funny. (I haven't read one in a while, but the last one read like a soap opera.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea for a post! There's nothing like the feeling you get when you read an amazing book for the first time. I agree with most of those up there! Bad Kitty had me crying, I was laughing so hard. Harry Potter... need I say anything about this one? The Hunger Games and The Body Finder were mind-blowing! So many good books listed up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gemma Doyle trilogy! I cried so hard when Kartik died. I haven't read Harry Potter or The Hungry Games. I really want to read Bad Kitty and The Season.
    ~Suzette
    soccer_chick.11(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...