Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween


Created by The Broke and the Bookish, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature that prompts bloggers to post a list of their top ten books. Every week, The Broke and the Bookish announce a different theme for the lists. This week, the topic is "Top Ten Books to Read During Halloween." 

Of course, the first thing that came to mind was a slew of paranormal titles. I tried to keep it a bit more varied, but what can I say, nothing says Halloween like a good does of paranormal creatures. I hope you enjoy my list!

1. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
Tree of All Souls. Sounds creepy, yes? Well, it's only a drop in the bucket when it comes to this series. Enjoy!

2. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
When I read this book, I truly understood what people mean when they say "spine-chilling."

3. Need by Carrie Jones
These pixies are nothing like Tinkerbell...

4. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh 
There is just something about Poe's work that makes it so fitting for Halloween. If you're looking for a YA spin on his tales, look no further.

5. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
This is the Jessica version of Halloween - no blood or gore, just a pink taser and lots of wit.

6. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Halloween is the perfect time for campfire stories and dark fairytales.

7. Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
Two words: homicidal fairy. Need I say more?

8. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
When you've had enough horror and gore, why not relax with a nice time travel thriller?

9. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
There is witchcraft. There are incubi. There is a Southern Gothic atmosphere. In short, this book is the epitome of a great Halloween read.


10. The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
For every little boy (or girl) who dressed up as a superhero/villain every year!

Now that you've read mine, what titles are on your list? Anything particularly chilling?

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I included Nevermore on mine as well. I have been meaning to read The Near Witch- hopefully I can pick it up before Halloween. I completely forgot to include The Body Finder- it's one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I forgot about the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. I just read Hourglass and loved it! Have you read Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier? If you liked Hourglass you'll like this one too.
    Here's my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-D1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second time I read about Nevermore :) - I love Poe! Have you ever read "The Fall of the House of Usher"? Great tale. It's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I was just gonna say, I didn't realize Hourglass was Halloweeny till I read your explanation :)

    BTW, love your blog design!

    Michele | Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...