Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Hunger Games Trailer

Every social network has been abuzz today with news of The Hunger Games trailer's release. I mean, come on, it's THE HUNGER GAMES!

If you haven't seen it or (like me) just want to watch it again, here is the full trailer:

 

Wow! I for one could not be happier with the trailer. (Well, that is not entirely true, but I doubt they are going to recast Cinna.) 

Before I saw this, I had quite a few doubts about the movie. After all, Hollywood is not exactly the most trustworthy when it comes to adapting bestsellers to the big screen. Based on this trailer, The Hunger Games may just be the exception to this rule. The cast (minus Cinna) looks great. I am particularly fond of the casting of Liam Hemsworth as Gale, especially since I have long been on Team Gale. The winner of best casting, however, has to go to Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen. Her transformation from blonde haired beauty to poor District 12 resident is marvelous. 

Still, my favorite part of the trailer would have to be the scenery. District 12, as well as the surrounding hunting area, looks just as I had pictured it. The same goes for the brief glimpses of the arena and the training area. 

What a marvelous trailer - I cannot wait to see the movie in all of its glory!  

2 comments:

  1. This movie looks awesome. I am excited to see it.

    It even inspired me to create a list of upcoming YA Fantasy book based movies on my blog!

    The Hunger Games made my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I have watched it like 7 or 8 times so far today. I am also skeptical of Cinna's casting, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...