Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter


After taking a break for a few weeks, I am once again participating in Top Ten Tuesday. As a part of this weekly feature, book bloggers all across the blogosphere post a list of ten books in response to a prompt selected by The Broke and the Bookish. To find out more about the meme and see a list of upcoming topics, visit The Broke and the Bookish.

This week, the topic is "Top Ten Book on my TBR List for Winter." Half of the list is winter releases I want to read and the other is books that are sitting in my TBR pile to be read over winter break.

1. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
The cover of this book is what initially caught my attention. Since then, I have heard numerous positive comments about the book. Needless to say, I am rather intrigued.

2. Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Hello, this is the final installment in the Nightshade trilogy! As soon as I can get my hands on a copy, I am reading it.

3. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
Angelfire was one of my favorite surprise finds of the past year and I am very excited to read more of Ellie's story.


4. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
The summary describes this book as "Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming romantic comedy." Um..yes, please!


5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It has been far too long since I last read this. When I have some free time over break, I will most definitely be picking it up.

6. Emma by Jane Austen
Outside of Pride and Prejudice, I have read very little of Jane Austen's work. I am about twenty pages into this one, but have had little time to sit down and read it. Christmas break should afford me some reading time.

7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Yet another classic I have read about 20 pages of and then been forced to abandon due to a lack of time. Have I mentioned how excited I am for break?

8. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
I fear if I do not pick this one up soon, Erica from The Book Cellar X will stop talking to me. It has been sitting in my TBR pile for far too long.

9. There's No Place Like Home by Jen Calonita
Secrets of my Hollywood Life was one of the very first YA book I ever read. I feel terrible that this final book has been sitting, collecting dust, in my TBR pile for months.

10. Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Marie Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I am counting these books as one because they were both recommended to me by my favorite English teacher. I have read part of both books and loved them, but never got around to finishing them because of, you guessed it, school. When I have free time over break I am going to finish both.

I must say, after making this list, I am quite excited for winter to be here. I have a feeling it will be a great time for reading. What books are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get to the Potatoe Peel Pie book all year--nope it's not on my winter reading list. enjoy your reading. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Guernsey was great and I am really enjoying the Iron Fey series. I am going to have to look into The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, it sounds perfect! Here is my list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine Art of Truth and Dare looks awesome. You will love Iron King. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVEN'T READ THE IRON KING YET? You are missing out! :P The Fine Art of Truth and Dare looks fab. I can't wait for like all of those books :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...