Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Debut Author Challenge 2012

Happy December 1st everyone!

There is a rule in my house: we cannot start celebrating Christmas until after November 30th, my mother's birthday. Since that was yesterday, I can officially, publicly start celebrating Christmas. Wohoo! That doesn't simply  mean decorating the house and playing Christmas music and drinking Christmas coffee at Starbucks. It also means I can start doing December- and New Year-related things, including, drum roll please...the 2012 Debut Author Challenge!


This annual challenge, put on by the lovely Krsiti at The Story Siren, is one of my absolute favorites every year. I have always loves discovering great new authors, so a challenge centered around doing just that is perfect for me. Plus, debut authors are always so sweet!

For those of you interested in joining, you can sign up here. To find out more about the challenge, how it will be run, and for a list of titles, you can check out this post. I've included a brief summary of the challenge below, as posted on The Story Siren, but Kristi's posts are much more detailed.
CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE: To read and review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.*

*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.

RULES AND GUIDELINES:
You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads.
Your blog must be written in English.
Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.

BOOK GUIDELINES:
Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
I had quite a bit of fun going through the list of novels coming in 2012 from debut authors. Maybe too much fun...I ended up with 20 books on my list, plus many more to keep tabs on. What can I say? I have a book problem! (As if you didn't already know that.) Here are the 20 that made my list, thus far:
  1. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  2. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
  3. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
  4. Level Two by Lenore Appelhans
  5. Tempest by Julie Cross
  6. Queen of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
  7. Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
  8. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  9. A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont
  10. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
  11. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
  12. Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
  13. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
  14. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
  15. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
  16. Through to You by Emily Hainsworth
  17. Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
  18. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
  19. Gilt by Katherine Longshore
  20. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
That's all for now. What titles made your list?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including Where It Began on your 2012 Debut Author Challenge list. I hope you'll enjoy it!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including A BREATH OF EYRE as well. I love bloggers! You chose some wonderful titles--almost every one would make my list.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to echo Eve here: thank you for including GILT and I'm dying to read the rest of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for selecting Spies and Prejudice. I wanted to let you know that Spies has been delayed to 2013, so it will no longer qualify as my debut. My debut will be SILVER, coming in Fall 2012. I hope you'll still be interested in reading Spies in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...