There is a rule in my house: we cannot start celebrating Christmas until after November 30th, my mother's birthday. Since that was yesterday, I can officially, publicly start celebrating Christmas. Wohoo! That doesn't simply mean decorating the house and playing Christmas music and drinking Christmas coffee at Starbucks. It also means I can start doing December- and New Year-related things, including, drum roll please...the 2012 Debut Author Challenge!
For those of you interested in joining, you can sign up here. To find out more about the challenge, how it will be run, and for a list of titles, you can check out this post. I've included a brief summary of the challenge below, as posted on The Story Siren, but Kristi's posts are much more detailed.
CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE: To read and review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.*I had quite a bit of fun going through the list of novels coming in 2012 from debut authors. Maybe too much fun...I ended up with 20 books on my list, plus many more to keep tabs on. What can I say? I have a book problem! (As if you didn't already know that.) Here are the 20 that made my list, thus far:
*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads.
Your blog must be written in English.
Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.
Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Level Two by Lenore Appelhans
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Queen of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
- Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- Through to You by Emily Hainsworth
- Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
- Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
- Gilt by Katherine Longshore
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
That's all for now. What titles made your list?