Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts

I am participating in Top Ten Tuesday again this week. For those of you unfamiliar with the feature, it is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, hundreds of book bloggers post a top ten list in response to a prompt chosen by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, in true holiday fashion, the topic is "Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts."

I hope you enjoy my list!

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
At the end of last year my co-editor at The Gazette was looking for a good book, so, of course, I recommended Anna and the French Kiss. She LOVED it, as in, she stayed up all night reading it. For Christmas this year, I would definitely give her Lola, as I'm sure she'd love it just as much as Anna.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My little sister will be thirteen this January, so I think she'll finally be old enough to read this book. My dad has now read (and loved it) and agrees with me. Plus, if she reads the book, I'll have another excuse to go see the movie when it comes out in March. Because, duh, I plan on seeing it multiple times in theater.

3. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I'd give this book to my best friend, ShinEui. She really enjoyed Stiefvater's Shiver series (even though she is taking ages to read Forever), so I know she'll love this one too.

4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
This year I am on a mission to get my little sister hooked on reading. Right now, she's...not. And since she's almost thirteen, it's about time she really plugged into a book. Considering she watches a Harry Potter movie every few weeks, I am fairly certain she will love the books. Fingers crossed!

5. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
I made my good friend, Katie, read this series a few years ago right after I read The Summer I Turned Pretty. She really enjoyed but hasn't had a chance to read this final installment. For Christmas, I'd buy it for her.

6. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Yet another sequel I'd buy for a friend. My childhood friend, Geena, read The Body Finder over the summer after I suggested it to her. I don't think she's had a chance to read this one, so I'd give it to her for Christmas.

7. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
When my mother was in high school, she adored the movie. We watched it all the time when I was growing up, but she's never read the book. I think it's about time she did.

8. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
This is one of those books that I could give to any of my friends and know with confidence that they'd enjoy it. It is contemporary, deals with bigger issues, and has a bit of romance. In other words, there's something for everyone.

9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I have been trying to get my friend Dorien to read this books for ages. I know for a fact that she'd love it, but  she's just too lazy to buy and read it. So, I'll just have to buy it for her and annoy her until she read its.

10. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
This one would be for my older sister. For some odd reason, she decided long ago that she wouldn't read anything I read/reviewed. It's both weird and highly annoying, as I pretty much read everything because of my blog. I have a feeling she'd like Twenty Boy Summer, so I'll just have to lie and say I've never read it.

Now that you've read my list, what book would you like to give as gifts this Christmas/Hanukkah?

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic list! I would love to get ANY of those for Christmas... you know, if I didn't have them already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a brilliant list. I love the reasons you've used to put them up there.
    My brother started with the Harry Potter series this year (of course I MADE him) and now he has read the entire series multiple times!
    I really hope your older sister reads Twenty Boy Summer. I adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to give my sister Twilight so she can read it for herself instead of asking me obvious questions all the time. =/ She loves seeing the movie and I've started reading aloud to her before she goes to bed, so I think she would like that. =) And I hope I can find her a book she'll want to read by herself because she really isn't all that into reading like I am. =/ I'd probably get my dad a D-Day biography so I'd get to read it after him.

    I love the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" movie and plan on suggesting it for a book club book next meeting. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...