Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Trailers

It has been far too long since my last book trailers post. The upside to that is that tons of book trailers have come out since my last post, so I had plenty of options. These four were some of my favorite finds, and hopefully you'll enjoy them too.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
So. Cute. When I first watched the trailer I was having trouble deciding between cute and ridiculous. Cute won out in the end. Yes, there are a lot of sparkles and drawings and cheesy music...but they are used PERFECTLY. I mean, it is a book about freshman year. Who wasn't uber energetic and dorky their freshman year? (Don't try to protest. You know it's true.) I think the book trailer perfectly captures that freshman year naivete.






Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The trailer for Marissa Meyer's Cinder has popped up on television multiple times since its release. And, even though I swore off of dystopians, it caught my attention. The trailer is a great example of not overdoing it. Each snippet of footage is short and simple - no CG fights or cheesy effects - and the narration captures the essence of the book without droning on and on and on. A great example of a TV-oriented book trailer.



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I am sure many people have already seen this trailer. Both the trailer and the book were released last fall. I, however, just got around to watching the trailer (though I perused the book months ago). And it is, in my opinion, a marvelous trailer. For once, the use of live-action shots is not cheesy or overkill. There is just the right dose of creepiness and steaminess. Even better, it includes one of my all-time favorite prologues/first chapters. If I had to provide an author with an example of excellent voice, writing, and creating intrigue, I would tell them to read that opening letter. I love that they incorporated it into the trailer so skillfully.



Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Up until a few days ago, I had never heard of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. The probable cause is that I don't usually read MG and thus am not exposed to new titles very often. After hearing about this book and seeing its trailer, I may just have to change that. Because Wonder looks like a book I don't want to miss. The trailer alone is cute, heartwarming, and enchanting. If the trailer is any indication, Auggie is sure to be a wonderful, inspiring narrator. 


Hopefully you found a few titles that interest you. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. And, of course, if you have any book trailers you would like to share that weren't featured here. Feel free to link to them in the comments. I always like to see new trailers.

2 comments:

  1. Huh. I'd never heard of WONDER, but it actually sounds like an amazing book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these, I do a book trailer weekly post too and am always on the lookout for good ones! I LOVE the one for Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...