Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights the covers of upcoming novels on my wishlist. This week's cover is a rare exception to my insistence that one can judge a book by its cover. At least, I hope it is. Otherwise, I will be very disappointed.

The Savage Grace by Bree Despain


Release: March 13, 2012

Synopsis: 
A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.
Cover: As much as I hate to say it, I really do hate this cover. It saddens me because the past two covers in this series have been some of my favorites, especially The Lost Saint's cover. I had thought The Savage Grace's cover would be even better. Instead, I was disappointed.

Before I get into my complaints, I will say the color is lovely. The pink-ish red is gorgeous and goes along beautifully with the other two covers' colors. And there ends my praise.

Now that I have been nice, can I please point out how completely awkward and unnatural the model looks? I'm sorry, but no one is that long. The top and bottom halves of her body are completely out of proportion. The only allowance I will make is that maybe the sheet/fabric around her waist is the cause of this oddity. Still, that does not make it any better visually. It really is a shame, considering how pretty the other covers were. And while we're discussing other covers...why didn't they stick with leg thing? It worked so well with the other two covers and would have fixed this whole inhuman length issue.

What do you think? Was this cover a hit or a total miss? Let me know what you think in the comments. I would love to hear your thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE! That's why I edited the cover on my blog so that it more matched the others, and got rid of those creepy hands. Here's my post. But I hadn't noticed how awkwardly long the body was until you said so. It's kinda gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I feel like it's such an awkward looking pose. I don't know why they do that...it makes me cringe almost as much as the unnatural neck twinge did on Tamora Pierce's MASTIFF. Ugh.
    LOVE the color they chose, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is so awkward. I hope that they change it after seeing so much dislike for it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That exactly what I was thinking - why didn't they stick with the leg thing, they don't match as well now. oh well, I'm hoping it at least has a good ending because I have no idea where it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree with everything you pointed out! She does look really awkward---can a body even get into this position?? I like the way Enna cropped it! Also, I don't see why they didn't stick with the original fonts for the title and authors name! I was all so gorgeous on the first two books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...