Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's Not You, It's Me


Dear Dystopia,

I know we have had a few flings. But, as fun as they were, I am going to have to say goodbye.

When I first met you, I was enchanted. The quintessential bad boy, you were dark and moody and mysterious and promised great thrills. Sadly, you turned out to be just that: a bad boy. And after awhile, I realized you were not good for me. Things never ended well with you. After giving you a second, third, even fourth chance, I have been forced to admit that you are completely and utterly predictable. I do not doubt that you can be shocking and full of twists, but your stories – and our relationship – ultimately end the same way: disappointment.

Such a relationship is not healthy. It is not fair to you and it is not fair to me. We need to end things once and for all. No more sharing stories, no more tempting me, no more forgetting our past and starting fresh. Believe me when I say it’s not you, it’s me. Honestly, you are wildly popular and loved by so many people. I am just not one of them.

I think I have known this for many years. Remember when we first met? With Ender’s Game? If I were smarter, I would have ended things then and saved us all of this trouble. But, alas, I led you on and gave you shot after shot.

I can no longer go on like this, though. It is time that you and I say goodbye. I hope you find happiness and success in all of your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Jessica

P.S. Please know I will never forget those blissful times of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Hopefully this letter does not make things awkward on March 23. It is my hope that we can have a cheerful, if brief, reunion.

3 comments:

  1. Hahhaha, love this post! I agree, I am getting a bit bored with dystopian. But there still a few that are really good, like Divergent <3

    -Maddz

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN, SISTER!
    Sorry. But I completely agree. I'm so sick of dystopian novels. They're all the same...
    I've still got a place for post-apoc, though. Those are sometimes interesting.
    Excellent post. :)

    And oh, yes, I noticed that you only mentioned the first two HG books... (Because that's all there is, right? The series only has two books. It ended on this major cliff-hanger, but there's no third book. right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very similar about dystopians. None of them captured my attention like THE HUNGER GAMES, or the classics for that matter (1984, BRAVE NEW WORLD). I read MATCHED and almost fell asleep. I haven't even attempted DELIRIUM or DIVERGENT for fear that I won't love them like everyone else did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...