Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012


I am very excited to be participating in Top Ten Tuesday today because this week's theme is "Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012." So not only do I get to do a Top Ten Tuesday post (which I love), I also get to research and share some great upcoming releases. Woohoo! You all know how much I love finding and sharing new books.

Without further ado, here are the Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012:

1.  Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Something tells me that this will be one of the books that makes me cry. Not because it is sad, but because I am going to be heartbroken to leave behind this set of books.  ETA: Stephanie Perkins just announced that Isla's release date has been pushed back to 2013. 

2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
On my list of 2012 releases, this title is followed by numerous exclamation points. Hello, it is Alexandra Bracken, as in the genius behind Brightly Woven. I. Cannot. Wait.

3. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
I somehow stumbled upon this book a few weeks ago. I am not sure how, but I do know I want to read it ASAP. It sounds right up my alley.


4. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
For one thing, it is written by Sarah Rees Brennan, whose Demon Lexicon series is supposed to be fabulous. I want to get in on the ground floor on this series. Oh, and it is a YA GOTHIC ROMANCE about a JOURNALIST. Hello, book heaven. 


5.  The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
Daniel, Grace, Jude - I just adore this series. I will be sad to say goodbye to it, but I am so excited to see how it ends.

6. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You was one of the first YA books I ever read and loved. Yay for more Cammie!

7. Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Hourglass was such a great surprise, and I cannot wait for more of Em's adventures.

8. The Diviners by Libba Bray
Oh my gosh, this book. It makes me happy just thinking about it. Finally Libba Bray writes another historical fantasy/paranormal novel. I have been craving more novels from her since The Sweet Far Thing. I mean, Beauty Queens and Going Bovine are funny and all, but I want some more intrigue, some more dark history. And, as if I needed more to fall in love, it is set in Manhattan in the '20s: my favorite era!

9. Level 2 by Lenore Appleton
Presenting Lenore, Lenore's blog, is one of the first blogs I ever followed. I am overjoyed that she is getting her novel published. Plus, the premise is highly intriguing.

10. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
This just sounds amazing. Ever since I saw it on GoodReads last year, I have had it on my wishlist. I especially like that it is inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion. I have such a soft spot for anything Austen-related.

What books are you looking forward to this year?

5 comments:

  1. Oh SO BAD about Isla and the Happily Ever After! We'll need to wait until 2013 then :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey:) I just found this blog when I googled "chick lit teens" hoping to find some new books to read, and I must say your blog is fabulous. Haha, researching new books *is* fun:) Do you know of any good websites that have, like lists of new books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another book by Libba Bray? I am all up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading all of these books as well! Libya's new series looks so awesome, and just like you, I'm so happy she's going back to historical fiction, even though I did love Beauty Queens. And oh do I love the cover of For Darkness Shows the Stars! It's so pretty. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...