Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights the covers of upcoming YA novels. Ever since I was a young girl, I have been fascinated with covers. The cover is the first thing I notice when I spot a book at the bookstore. They are, after all, the face of a book. And no matter what anyone says, there is nothing wrong with judging a book by its cover, especially when it is as gorgeous as this week's featured cover.

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Release: October 9, 2012

Summary:
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, TIME BETWEEN US is a stunning and spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new talent in YA fiction.

Cover: It is no secret that I am a fan of bokeh -- the out-of-focus, halo-like effect on light in an image. Whenever I see an image with those bright halos of light, I am reminded of a magical fairytale. There is just something so beautiful about it. Paired with the soft blue and white color scheme (one of my favorites), this cover is absolutely stunning. The cover designer has pulled elements from all of my favorite covers - the colors, the lighting, the ethreal white dress, the distant male figure, the beachy hair - and put it into one, lovely cover. Even if this book has not been on my wishlist before, I would have immediately added it once I saw the cover. Even better, it is about time travel. After reading Tempest by Julie Cross, I am craving another great time travel book with a hearty dose of romance. Time Between Us is a new favorite for sure! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover and love time traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this one, it seems interesting. Wonderful cover too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...