Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chick Lit Teens turns 4

Today marks the four year anniversary of Chick Lit Teens' inception. To be honest, that fact astounds me. I feel old. After all, that is four years of my life devoted to blogging. During those four years I went through high school, grew up, achieved countless things. And through it all I had my blog. Yet, at the same time, four years feels like nothing. The truth of the matter is that my blog has become a part of me, and it feels as though it has been for much longer than a mere four years. Because of my blog, I have traveled to NYC, met countless authors, and had blurbs from my reviews appear in actual books. It is surreal.

This blogiversary is particularly special to me, because I never knew if I would have a four year blogiversary. I remember being thirteen, my head full of day dreams, wondering about what my blog would look like in four years. I had envisioned big things for it and for myself. But there was always this niggling voice in the back of my head saying, "Will you make it four years? Will your blog really last that long?" 

Well, it did. And that astounds me. Not only have I continued to develop my blog over these past four years, you, the readers, have continued to read it. When I began blogging four years ago, I had no idea there was a book blogging community. I did not even know if people would read it. I certainly did not imagine that upwards of 900 people would subscribe to my blog, or that thousands of people would visit it a week. That is above and beyond anything I ever could have imagined, and I am humbled by it everyday.

So, before I continue on, I want to thank you, readers, for all of your support over the past four years. I cannot express to you how much your comments and hits mean to me. Truly, I could not have done this without you.

While I'm thanking people, I may as thank all of the lovely bloggers whose friendship and amazing blogs have inspired me. The four that come to mind for me are Kristi from The Story Siren, Erica from The Book Cellar, Mitali, Liz from Consumed by Books. There are many, many others, but if I listed them all, this post would be far too lengthy. Instead, I extend my thanks to the entire book blogging community for  allowing me to be a part of it for so long. These past four years have been amazing, and I look forward to many more.

I should probably also thank the authors whose wonderful books have made my job so easy. Special thanks goes out to Ally Carter, Lindsey Leavitt, Heidi R. Kling, Kay Cassidy, Mandy Hubbard and Jen Calonita, some of the first authors I worked with and with whom I still work. I'd also like to thank all of the debut authors I have worked with over the years. Thank you for sharing your debut experience with me, I greatly enjoy working with all of you. And, of course, the biggest thanks of all goes out to Jennifer Lynn Barnes, whose first novel, Golden, started it all. My review of Golden was the first review I ever posted on Chick Lit Teens. I can never thank her enough.

One final note of thanks must go to the publishers with whom I have worked with for these past four years. They have made my job (and my life) incredible, far beyond my wildest dreams. Also, a huge thank you must go to Books Inc. and Not Your Mothers' Book Club, my source for all things book-related in the Bay Area.

Phew, now that all the thank yous are over with, I have some news. Some huge news. As I mentioned earlier, when I was thirteen, I had a penchant for day dreaming. In addition to dreaming about my blog, I also dreamed about my collegiate future. In my head, I attended a prestigious college like Yale or Princeton or Harvard. One dream of mine was to be able to post on my blog that I had been accepted to one of those schools. That, in my thirteen year old head, was the ultimate dream, because it meant I still had my blog and that I had fulfilled my collegiate dreams. Well...


I will be attending Harvard College next September!!!!

Get ready East Coast, I am coming to you! I for one cannot wait to plug into the book community there, especially in New York. This next year is going to be a great one for both me and my blog, I can feel it.

And again, thank you for these past four years!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on yout 4 year blog anniversary and getting into college, Jessica. I go to school next to Harvard (a small lib arts for girls) and if you have ANY questions about the area- feel free to drop a line :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jessica, on both your blog success and your awesome college admissions news!! I'm proud to have been a part of your blog and so very, very happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching Gilmore Girls today and totally reminded me of you and your huge Harvard achievement. You're such a star, Jessica, and it's been fun watching you grow up on this blog! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! This is a HUGE accomplishment - both the blogoversary and Harvard (OMG Harvard!! - just a bit jealous.... okay totally in envy!!). Blogging does indeed become a part of you. Sometimes you never know how much really until you really take a step back and look at it. I am in awe that you have been around for 4 years! That is huge in the blogging world. Most of us burn out after 1 year.

    One of my favorite things about blogging is going on that journey with Debut Authors - I have 'met' sooo many amazing authors through blogging.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *does a happy dance* That's amazing news. Now you're one step closer to Hogwarts. ;)
    Congrats on four years as well. That's...huge, Jessica.
    Super congrats on everything. =D So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Harvard! Congratulations!! You have a great blog and congrats on making it four years, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your four years of blogging... and HOLY HARVARD, girlfriend!!! EXTRA CONGRATS! that is so fabulous, and they are lucky to have you. I'm so proud of you! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS ON HARVARD!!!!! I'm so jealous and welcome to the East Coast!!! Congrats on the 4 years too and heres to four more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...