Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Books to Read in One Day


Here is your weekly dose of Top Ten Tuesday! As I'm sure you know, Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created and run by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week, bloggers are invited to create a Top Ten list based on a predetermined prompt. For more information, stop by The Broke and The Bookish. There you can also find a list of upcoming themes, like this week's: Top Ten Books to Read in One Day.

This was a difficult list for me to make, because I often read a book in a day. During the summer, my days consist of getting up, throwing on a bathing suit, and spending the entire day by the pool with a book. (Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds.) The issue with that is the list of books I have read in one day - or even one sitting - is long, much longer than ten titles. My perception of books that can be read in a day is also a bit skewed because of my summer reading habits. Therefore, the following ten books are some of my favorite one-day reads that I think you will fly through as well.


1. To Catch A Pirate by Jade Parker
I bought this book years ago and loved it. It is light and short, but still wonderful. In other words, it is the ultimate guilty pleasure book. Every once in awhile I pick it up and reread it, always in one sitting.

2. Timepiece by Myra McEntire
I do not care if this book is not out yet. I could not not include it on this list, because it is one of the best fly-through titles I have read in ages. It was addicting, a total crack book. Buy it as soon as it comes out. Seriously, you will not regret it. For now, read Hourglass, the first (and equally addicting) book in the series.

3. Stephanie Perkins' Novels
Both Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door can (and should) be read in a day. The settings are written so perfectly, and the characters are so fun, and the romances are so, well, romantic that it is easy to get lost in her novels.

4. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
This was one of my favorite one-day reads of this past summer. Every single page was saturated with atmosphere and airiness. As I've said many times before, it reminded me of the campfire stories of my childhood. Once you turn the first page, you won't stop reading until you've turn the last.

5. Any book by Ally Carter
Ally Carter is the queen of turning the tables. Every time you (and the character) think you have something figured out, she throws in a new plot twist or reveals a game-changing secret or blows something up. She always does this right at the end of a chapter, ensuring you cannot put the book down.

6. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I read this book in a matter of hours. Because the entire story only spans 24 hours, there is constant development and intrigue. The pages just fly right by.

7. One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
This is another book that spans 24 hours. Since the story only spans one day, it is easy to read in one day. The constant forward motion of books like this is precisely why I like them so much. This novel is particularly intriguing because of all the secrets and dares. It is such a fun read.

8. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
I know, I know - I include this book far too often in my Top Ten Tuesday posts. I just really loved it. Next time you have a free day, I would highly suggest giving this one a try.

9. All of Elizabeth Eulberg's Books
Today I am reading (and loving) Take A Bow, Eulberg's newest book. Having now read three of her novels, it has become clear to me that she is great at writing chick lit. I would equate her books to super catchy songs on the radio. You stumble upon one, decide to give it a try, and next thing you know, you're humming the tune all day long. Her books are perfect for getting lost in for a few hours.

10. I Was A Teenage Popsicle by Bev Katz Rosenbaum
Oh gosh, this is such a blast from the past for me. I read this book soooo long ago. It was quirky and fun with a totally out-there plot. I remember tearing through it and its sequel, Beyond Cool.

Okay, that's my list for the week. What books would you suggest reading in a day?


6 comments:

  1. The cover of Timepiece is so intriguing. I just put it on my to read list! Thanks for sharing. My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read anything on this list, but there are some intriguing titles. Thanks to sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must get to Hourglass SOON- it looks so good! Totally agree about Ally Carter- great with the twists and turns. Really enjoyed One Night... (so much fun!), The Body Finder, and Stephanie Perkins' books

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl books, definitely great reads. Also I finished TSPoLaFS the other and read it in pretty much one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read about half of these books, and I would definitely agree! Especially Ally Carter's books- so suspenseful. Elizabeth Eulberg's are, after your reviews, on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought To Catch A Pirate a while ago and I loved it! It's such a quick, fun and easy read. Definitely a 'read in one day' guilty pleasure :)
    Nice choices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...