Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a feature that has been around almost as long as my blog. For as long as I can remember, book covers have fascinated me. Over the years I have featured numerous covers on Chick Lit Teens, many of which I loved. This week's featured cover, however, may just be my all-time favorite. I am truly enamored with it. Are you ready? Drum roll, please...

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

Release: September 18, 2012

Summary:
The start of a brand-new young adult trilogy about three very different girls who overcome their differences and band together to seek revenge on those who have wronged them, uncovering a supernatural secret about what brought them together and why in the process. Each book will rotate back and forth between the perspectives of all three characters.

Cover: Is is not gorgeous?! When I was flipping through 2012 young adult releases on GoodReads and saw the cover, I dropped what I was doing and immediately clicked on it. At the time, I was not aware it was the cover for Jenny Han (who I love) and Siobhan Vivian's new novel. Once I found that out, I was sold. The book immediately rocketed to the top of my wishlist. But, back to the cover. It is breathtaking. I love that this is not a "standard" YA cover. There is no flowing hair or moody stares or stolen kisses. This truly looks like a candid picture of three girls, caught in a momentary reverie. The pale, pastel colors only add to the sense that this photo captures a fleeting moment in time. Couple that with the large, opaque text floating over the image, and the whole cover looks like something taken from a fashion magazine. I simply adore it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! So pretty. Although the synopsis is not particularily original, I'll be picking this up just because it's pretty :3

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This cover is perfect in every way and I can't wait for the book to come out. I hope the covers of the other two books in the trilogy will be equally pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...