Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

There's something we need to talk about...

This. We need to talk about this:



Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is the brand new, just-released trailer for the upcoming adaption of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, also known as one of my all-time favorite books.

I have known about this adaption for quite some time. I must admit, I was a bit worried. I love the book, but all the talk of 3D and Leonardo DiCaprio had me concerned. Daisy, to me, was perfectly cast. Everyone else, I had my doubts.

Then I saw the trailer (and dropped everything I was doing to watch it on repeat)...my concerns flared up again. That first shot, with the glaringly obvious non-'20s music, had me thinking much more of the Capitol a la The Hunger Games than of 1920s New York. The colors were more vibrant than I had imagined and the atmosphere of the movie was not at all what I had felt when reading Nick's more gentle narrative. 

And yet, I was grinning like a madman. 

Maybe it's the story or the fact that it's Gatsby and Daisy and Nick, but I am having no trouble overlooking over the tiny flaws in this trailer. I'm no longer expecting the glamorous, '20s picture in my head, instead I am looking forward to a darker, more modern-day Hollywood take on this magnificent novel. 

All I know is that Christmas cannot come fast enough. I need me some Gatsby!

4 comments:

  1. I really think that the amped up color is going to be perfect for this film. Fitzgerald created a world of 1920's NY, but it wasn't realism. Perfect pantone accuracy isn't a concern here. This surreal look at the roaring 20s will add to the tone of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luhrmann and DiCaprio? I am so there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this on another blog, and I am SO. EXCITED. I want to go watch it on opening night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks like a good adaptation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...