Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie

Why hello there, dear readers! I have missed you these past two weeks. I am so glad to be back to blogging after my adventures in Boston and Seattle, as well as the stress of moving. But now that is all done, and I can focus on giving my blog the love and attention it deserves. What better way to do that than with one of my favorite things: a list!

As I'm sure you know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday, bloggers post a top ten list in response to pre-selected prompt. This week's prompt is "Top Ten Book I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie," one I'm particularly excited about. There are so many books (and stories) I love that deserve to be on the big screen, including the ten listed.

1. A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Twelve year old me was heartbroken when the movie deal for this series fell through. To be honest, I'm still rather saddened by the fact that whoever was working on the movie decided to pass on it. This series is amazing, and I'd love to see Gemma and her entourage on the big screen.

2. I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Oh look, another book whose movie rights were purchased and then abandoned (or forgotten?). This book is the perfect combination of spunk, girl power, and espionage. Even if it was a Disney Channel movie, I would watch this book's adaption.

3. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Carnivorous horses rising from the tumultuous sea, need I say more?

4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Okay, I don't want a movie of this one. I want a whole show: "The Adventures of Anna and the Ever-Charming Etienne." Not only would it be set in Paris (one of my favorite series), it would also have Etienne and Anna and lots of banter. Can someone please make this a reality?

5. Hourglass and Timepiece by Myra McEntire
I kind of adore these books. They are snarky and inventive and addicting. If the chemistry between the characters and their big personalities translated onto the big screen, I am sure the movies would be a huge hit. Plus, Inception-obsessed America would eat up the mind-bending time travel elements of both stories.

6. Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
This book has all of the elements of the perfect chick flick: sarcasm, humor, misunderstood romantic signals, mystery, and lots of bedazzling.

7. Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
This book is just so fun. It would be the kind of movie both children and parents would enjoy, especially with its heartwarming themes and adorable main character.

8. Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski
Another book with great teen appeal. I could definitely see this story becoming the next big Disney movie. It's fun and magical and sweet - the perfect film for a girls' night.

9. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
This is one epic book, full of twists and turns and loads of paranormal drama. But, what makes this book truly unique, all of this is served with a big dose of wit, thanks to the novel's energetic leading lady. I would love to see this story played out on the big screen!

10. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
As soon as I turned the first page of this novel, I was teleported back to my childhood, when my sisters and I huddled on the couch in late-October, watching Hocus Pocus with a mix of terror and wonder. The storytelling in this book is marvelous, and I would like to see how that translates to the big screen. It has all the elements of a classic ghost story, sure to enchant young children.

What books would you like to see turned into movies?

6 comments:

  1. OMG I totally agree with numbers 1, 2 and 4. (So, all the ones I've read xD) The Heist Sociey by Ally Carter would also be good.

    Zia
    http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We need a tv show about Anna and Etienne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picks! Anna and the French Kiss and The Gallagher girls- that would be awesome. I think that Heist Society is in the works right now. Last I read (which was a while ago), Drew Barrymore wanted to direct. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was saddened by AGATB's falling through. I used to stare at every red headed girl I saw in passing and assess her Gemma-casting characteristics. I'd also love to see Paper Towns by John Green adapted, and I think Arlaina's Tibensky's And Then Things Fall Apart would be a super great indie flick. Nice list! I'd love to see the Gallagher Girls be a movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'd love to see Anna & the French Kiss (and Lola & the boy next door) made into a movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the book A Week At The Beach, it is a little advanced for someone 12 years old but there is no sex scenes. It's a lovable book with extremely relatable characters! It takes a shocking twist and ends happily! It a total rainy day chick lit book!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...