Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Release: June 12, 2012

Others in the Series: Hourglass 

Source: Book Blogger Tea
A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devestating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.
When I read Hourglass last spring, I was struck by the characters. Yes, the plot was highly inventive and intriguing, but the characters were what I found most remarkable. They were all vastly different and incredibly complex. I wanted more.

And that is precisely what I got in Timepiece.

Em, the small, spunky, caffeine-addicted protagonist of Hourglass, steps down from the role of narrator in Timepiece. In her place is Kaleb, an angsty teenage boy with a penchant for flirting and alcohol. Losing Em’s voice was jarring, and I feared that I would fail to connect with Kaleb and the book.

I was wrong. McEntire has written yet another engaging protagonist whose wit and personality oozed off of the pages. Even better, Kaleb provided a new persepective on Em, Michael, and the other characters that color their world. The more I read, the more I loved the characters, Kaleb, and the world of Hourglass. As soon as I turned the last page, I was desperate for more.

As for the plotting, Timepiece delivers yet another imaginative and complex story line that is sure to captivate readers, especially those who prefer intrigue to science.

I can now say with confidence that this is one of my favorite series. McEntire has done an exceptional job building a world lush with atmosphere, intrigue, preternatural abilities, and dazzling characters.

To all who have not read Hourglass, I would highly suggest you do so. This is the time to get into the series because, with a book like Timepiece hitting shelves, this series is sure to become huge.

5 stars!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, how I love that cover! Thanks for the review, this series sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh I totally have to re-read hourglass because I can't remember one thing from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! This is making my favorite list!! From the very first chapter I was hooked! Of course, I am a sucker for time-travel stories and this one is the best I've read so far! Wow! The plot was so original, intense and enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...