Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Top Ten Characters I'd Name My Children After


Welcome to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! For those of you unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The idea is simple: every Tuesday book bloggers post a list of their top ten favorite book, names, etc. in response to a preselected prompt. If you're interested in joining the Top Ten Tuesday crowd or simply want to see what the upcoming topics are, head on over to The Broke and the Bookish for more information.

This week is a rewind week, meaning bloggers get to pick any past Top Ten Tuesday prompt. I decided to do "Top Ten Characters I'd Name My Children After," because I have always been one of those readers who pays great attention to characters' names. Below are some of my absolute favorites.

1. Gemma from A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Ever since I first began reading A Great And Terrible Beauty, I have thought Gemma was a particularly lovely name - both pretty and strong.

2. Conrad and Jeremiah from The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Okay, these names are a little odd. I don't think I have ever actually met a boy named Conrad or Jeremiah. And yet, I kind of like them. Would I actually name my kid after one of them? Maybe not. Would I consider it? Definitely.

3. Hale from Heist Society by Ally Carter
Another odd name. Mostly because Hale is the character's last name, not his first name (which only Ally Carter knows). Still, I am rather fond of the name Hale as a first name.

4. Emerson from Hourglass by Myra McEntire
I am rather fond of this name and its literary origin. Plus, the Em in Hourglass is a spitfire, which I just adore.

5. Nola from In Or Out by Claudia Gabel
My love for this name has faded a bit. When I first read the novel, though, I was completely smitten with it.

6. Calla from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I've always thought this was such a beautiful name, much prettier than Rose or Lily.

7. Finn from Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
This is one name I could definitely see myself using if I ever have a boy. It's the kind of name a person can grow into, as it is both bookworm-esque and uniquely cool.

8. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Again, I know Darcy was the character's last name, not his first name, but I still like it nonetheless. My poor future son.

9.  Rinna from Forest Born by Shannon Hale
As you can probably tell by now, I tend to gravitate towards unique (but not too out there) names. This is another one of those pretty-but-not-run-of-the-mill names.

10. Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Both the character and this name are lovely. Sadly, I doubt I would ever actually go so far as to name my child Etienne. Maybe a middle name instead?

Okay, there is my (colorful) list of names. Any characters' names come to mind for your future children?

6 comments:

  1. I agree with a lot of these. calla is beautiful. and I've never heard Rinna before but i like it! I love Etienne as well, but I agree, it would feel a little weird to name my child that.
    Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Gemma and Calla are gorgeous names, although I haven't read the books from which you pulled them. And Hale. That would be such an awesome name. Does not knowing his first name bother you as much as it bothers me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unique names that aren't too crazy as well! I'd love to use a literary name for a future child, but I'm just not sure which one. I definitely think you can get away with more for a middle name. Like, I'd love to give a future girl of mine the middle name of Rue (hunger games, of course).

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on Emerson! What a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    Your post reminds me that I once wanted to name my first son Frodo. LOL! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Finn and Darcy= love :) I like the name Kyo... my poor future son is to be pitied too xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...