Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Books I Don't Talk About Enough


Top Ten Tuesday is a week feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday, book bloggers post a top ten list in response to predetermined prompt. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or to see a list of future topics, head on  over to The Broke and the Bookish.

Every time I write a new Top Ten Tuesday post, I feel as though I include a handful of the same books. If you read my blog often, you probably know the precise books I'm referring to --Jenny Han, Stephanie Perkins, and Heidi R. Kling, just to name a few. So, this week, because it is a freebie week, I decided to make a list of books I loved, but don't seem to give enough love to.

Without further ado, here are the Top Ten Books I Don't Talk About Enough:

1. Fire by Kristin Cashore

Honestly, I loved this book. When I read it, I remember being totally swept away in Fire's world. But I never reviewed it, or suggested it to a friend, or discussed it with anyone. I think, like Bitterblue, it was one of those books I just connected with right off the bat. There was no specific reason for my love, just an immediate connection with the story. It's rather hard to discuss a book when you're thoughts are along the line of, "It's just so...ah...you'll see...Fire is just so...and the world is just...oh, read the book!"


2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
This book, nay this series, has gotten a ton of buzz in the book blogging community. When it first came out, I was very rah-rah about it, singing its praises to everyone. And then I just...stopped. My sister brought it up yesterday, now that she is finally into reading, and I realized how long it has been since I recommended it to anyone or even thought about it. Perhaps its time I rediscover my former excitement about it.

3. Hourglass and Timepiece by Myra McEntire
I adore these books. It is shameful to me how little success I have had in getting my friends to read them. Outside of scolding the manager at my local Barnes and Noble for note stocking Timepiece when it came out, I really have not done a lot to spread the Hourglass love. I have now made it my mission to get more people reading the books.

4. The Season by Sarah MacLean
Oh gosh, this book. I did not think a book could make me smile so much. The romance and stubborn characters were wonderful. I really have no idea why I don't recommend this one more. It is perfect for anyone who loves chick lit and historical fiction.

5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I love, love, loved this book. And yet none of my friends, even the ones who have loved Stiefvater's past books, have read it. I think I am going to have to amp up my praise for this one. It truly deserves some more love.

6. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
I read this book a long time ago. It was very enjoyable, but also not quite on the same level as the other books my middle school classmates were reading. Because of this, I never really shared it with anyone, and the habit has stuck with me into high school. If you love high fantasy, I would definitely suggest giving this one a try.

7. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I am constantly torn with this book. I loved the story, but the covers (both the old and new) make it very hard to persuade a person to pick it up. Plus, this is another book where I suffer from an inability to pinpoint why exactly I love it. It's quite a shame, considering how much I enjoyed the book.

8. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
This is another book that got lost in the shuffle. I partially blame the fact that I could not decide whether or not I really liked the book until I read Wings of the Wicked. Now, having read the second book, I know I truly love Ellie and her world. I am going to have to start spreading the word about the series now.

9. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
This was one of the best books I read last summer...and I never once recommended it to anyone. Yes, I gave it a glowing review and raved about it on Twitter, but I still feel as though I have not given the book enough love. And, believe me, it deserves it.

10. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
I cannot believe my sister has not read this book yet. It was recommended to me by a close friend when I was little, and I quickly tore through it. The entire story was so enchanting, and I just assumed everyone had read it. That is, until I brought it up to my little sister and neither she nor her friends knew what I was talking about. Apparently, I have not sung its praises nearly enough. Honestly, everyone should read this book. It is beautiful and magical and powerful.

Okay, now that you've seen my list, what are some of your favorite books that you don't seem to talk about enough?

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I love The Goose Girl. It's a favorite of mine, definitely a lovely and enchanting story.

    Someone recently recommended Hourglass to me... should totally move that one up in my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the Scorpio Races. I need to recommend that to more people. It was a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one talks about The Scorpio Races enough. The world Stiefvater created in the book is beautiful and the tension between Sean and Puck is amazing. I utterly adore this novel.

    I'm actually not fanatical about HUSH, HUSH or HOURGLASS (I enjoyed them both but thought they had issues). I agree that NIGHTSHADE and ANGELFIRE both deserve more love.

    I still need to read THE GOOSE GIRL, THE NEAR WITCH, and GRACELING. Too many books and not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read any of these, but the cover of Fire is stunning. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Fire & The Scorpio Races! What an awesome list idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Fire, The Goose Girl, and The Season! agreed, they were so good :) The Near Witch and Hourglass are definitely on my list too.

    Oh, and Poison Study! so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to check out The Season. It sounds awesome! I've heard that if you like Downton Abbey, than you will love The Season.

    Great top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all the ones on this list that I've read and all the rest are on my TBR pile :)

    I feel like I totally don't talk about Willow by Julila Hoban, the Strange Angels series, and Nobody's Princess by Esther Freisner enough and I hardcore loved them. I also never talk about the amazingness that is Fire enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...