Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Book Romances I Believe In


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme, Top Ten Book Romances That Would Make It In The Real World (I changed it for the sake of space), is in honor of the upcoming wedding of Jamie, one of the bloggers behind The Broke and the Bookish. Thus, before I get to my list, I would like to congratulate Jamie and offer her and her future husband health and happiness.

Now, for my list...I am a bit of a romantic when it comes to books. A lot of the books on this list have appeared on numerous lists, because I simply adore the love stories at the heart of the novels. I hope you see a few of your favorite couples on this list. If you don't, please share them in the comments. I would love to find more great romances.

1. Sam and Grace from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Okay, so maybe this romance would not exactly work in the real world. After all, last I checked there were not temperature-sensitive werewolves wandering around, and the wolf aspect has a lot to do with their relationship. If they could exist, though, I definitely think Sam and Grace would work out. There is something so natural about the relationship Stiefvater created.

2. Macy and Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Of all the couples in all the Sarah Dessen books, Macy and Wes have always been my favorite. They just complimented each other so well. I remember the scene when they were walking in search of gas, playing a silly game. The whole time, seventh grade me was thinking, they need to be together. I could easily see them in the real world, waking up early to run along the beach together.

3. Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I have so much love for Anna and Etienne. If you have ever read my blog, you probably know this. I tend to have trouble restraining myself when it comes to this book. The reason for this is Anna and Etienne (and the whole Paris setting, but that is beside the point). Their romance was pitch-perfect. I have no doubt they would make it out in the real world.

4. Puck and Sean from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
This whole book was written so beautifully, that I honestly could believe water horses existed. Of course, they don't. But if Puck and Sean did, even if there were only non-carniverous horses for Sean to care for, they would absolutely make it.

5. Alex and Gavin from The Season by Sarah MacLean
These two had chemistry in leaps and bounds! If they could survive the London Season (and murderous family members) then they could surely survive life together in past or present England.

6. Nola and Matt from In or Out by Claudia Gabel
Middle school me would never forgive me if I did not include Nola and Matt. I was convinced from the start these two were perfect for each other. Maybe they would never have gotten married, but I firmly believe they would have at least made it through a few years of high school. They were too cute.

7. Syd and North from Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Again, I am not quite sure how this romance would translate to real life, seeing as the novel is set in a fantasy land full of magic. Still, I have great faith in these two. If they were to say, magically end up in modern day America, I do think they would find a way to make it. With, of course, quite a bit of endearing bickering along the way.

8. Em and Michael from Hourglass by Myra McEntire
My love of this couple could stem from the fact that I just finished a reread of the novel, which proved to be as enchanting as it was the first time. Between their spunk and complimentary abilities, these two are definitely meant to be together.


9. Oliver and Hadley from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
In my head, these two find a way to make their relationship work. Even though readers only get to see a 24 hour window into their lives, there was something so magical, so fateful about their meeting, that I simply must believe it all worked out in the end for them.


10. Isi and Gerric from The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
These two are perfectly suited for each other. If anyone deserved a happily ever after, it was them. I like to think they would find their way to each other in the real world, just as they did in Bayern.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome picks! I had Emerson and Michael on my list as well. :) I absolutely loved Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list and I completely agree that Sam and Grace would work out in real life because while the wolf aspect of the relationship brought them together it isn't the reason they stayed together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I totally should have added Puck and Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anna and Etienne, Puck and Sean, and Oliver and Hadley. I'm not sure about Emerson and Michael, but I generally wasn't as sold on HOURGLASS as you were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were to make a list like this, Puck and Sean would totally be at the top. I also hold out hope that Alanna and George from Tamora Pierce's books would make it in the real world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...